Friday, July 24, 2009

My Own Sentimental Journey

Sentimental Journey flies out of Elko today at 11am and as promised... a little Sentimental Journey of my own.

The first shot was taken of me with Sentimental Journey at an airshow in Paradise Valley, Arizona in 1985.
The middle shot was taken of me at the Ogden, Utah airport in 1994 and the third shot (which I am reflected in the polished metal in blue) was taken last Sunday in Wendover, NV.
Interestingly enough my son is behind me in the metal reflection. (Incidentally in his photos, he is the same age I am in the first photo.)
The last shot is my son manning the waist gun port on the starboard side.
I guess I am passing the torch to my son. Maybe in 24 years he will post photos of himself and perhaps his kids with Sentimental Journey.


1985


1994


2009
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Those shorts are very 1985. I think I still have a pair somewhere.

Miranda McAfee said...

I can't handle the white shorts with the long hair! Way too good!!!

Eric said...

Ha-Ha! I was so stylin' you are just jealous M!
Seriously tho those shorts were some of my favorites back in the day.

Hilda said...

Your personal sentimental journey had me grinning. Those ultra-short white shorts had my eyes bugging out! ;)

Hope your son loves old planes as much as you do. It would be a wonderful thing to share.

Linda said...

Thanks for the walk down memory lane. I really enjoyed.